Thursday, February 19, 2009

God works....

Today was interesting for me. God just works in amazing ways. More than I can ever even explain.

I went to my clinical site. I never know where I am going to be placed and I don't know who I will be rounding with for the day. I don't get to pick either.
I went to the floor to meet a fellow RT and begin my rounds for the day. He was a nice looking fellow in his late 20's and seemed a little quiet when I arrived. I thought....'oh great, just what he wants! A student tag-a-long all day'

It may have not been what he wanted, but it's what God wanted.

The more we talked, the more we dove into each others lives. He's divorced and also knows a friend getting ready to enter that same arena. Despeartely trying to help his friend not go down the same path, he's trying to help, but seems down himself.
He asked me some interesting questions: "Do you put your husband before your kids?"
I told him yes. But it wasn't always that way. I had to grow into that. So automatically, he assumed, Chad came first and was the number one in my life.

But what I don't think he was expecting me to say....I said next "But I put God before my husband"

There was some really awkward silence for a few moments. We continued seeing patients. I could tell something was really weighing on him, but I didn't want to ask.

Finally at lunch we sat down and talked and he opened up a whole world to me that just seemed so heavy. The more we talked, the more you could tell the burden was lifted. We talked about relationships, talked about church, and talked about God.

He's not in a good place, but despearetly wants to be there.

I'm confident in my God enough that He will help my new friend get there. I'm excited to see what God will do.

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

God works!

Great news for all...every day!

I love you today!