Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Good news...mixed emotions

After passing the class yesterday, I got a call this morning from Saint Francis and well..I GOT THE JOB!! My emotions are so mixed right now as I will lose my weekends for 1 year. I will find other ways to help others and minister on Sunday mornings in the ICU. I count on all of my friends to keep me connected.
My shift will be Saturday & Sunday 7am to 7pm. I will be on orientation for the next 3 weeks and I do not know what times as of right now. At the end of this month I will go to the camp with kids and then we are going to leave camp on Friday and get away with the kids and Chad for the weekend to spend some time together as a family. I think we will take them to Six Flags for a fun weekend.

My heart is so mixed right now. I am so excited for this opportunity but yet saddened about what I will miss each Sunday. Moreso, I think my heart wonders if others will forget about me. Surely not. Then how will this affect my children and husband. I should be rejoicing right now instead of thinking of all of the downsides.

I am excited...really! Guess I still have to get over all the shock and excitement of this week.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I will never forget about you! You're special to me, and don't you forget it! I'm praying this job is an awesome ministry opportunity for you, and that you won't be burned out by it. You're a strong and amazing woman. God has done incredible things with you and through you. This is just one more example of you allowing Him to work.

I was reading this week in my Bible Study (Beth Moore- Jesus the One and Only) about our calling vs our task, and how they are two different things. Your task changes, challenges you, and grows you, but your calling is always the same. God is your calling, and as long as you dedicate your task, be it this or something else, to Him, He will be glorified.

You're awesome, girl!

Love and Kisses,
T

Carrie said...

Ok Theresa is the wise word girl...not I....you know my thoughts and feelings....you will be SO missed but there is always Wednesdays and Practice evenings......we can get togethre and sing anytime.....!!!! Oh yeah I need to be calling you so I am going to go do that....love you....