Monday, July 17, 2006

First Day...HELLO MIGRAINE!

Today was my first day on the job and boy...it was a great experience. I can tell I'm really going to have my work cut out for me in the ICU. I met several supervisors and they were all so nice and ready to put me to work. And indeed they did. It ended up being a very busy and productive day!

I left after 8 hours with the most miserable migraine I've had in a long time. I'm trying so hard to keep myself away from OTC medications but I'm not so sure it's going to be easy. I need to get back in to see Dr. Breck before these pains start to get out of hand. He seems to cure all my aches and pains in my head. I had to miss VBS tonight to recoup from my ailment but now I'm feeling better after a little sleep this evening.

After I got off work today, I had the chance to swing into Bob Gardner's room for a bit. He's such a nice man. I pray after I left he got to go home and I won't walk in and see him tomorrow. But if so...I'll visit with him again. It's nice to see familiar faces at the hospital, but I'd rather not see them as patients.

You know...I have the best husband in the world. Even though he worked all day in the heat, he came right in the door...took a shower...and got the kids ready for VBS without even blinking an eye. He was even willing to work and take my spot with the second graders but Linda said they were fine on help. I am just so thankful to have him. Especially in a time of need. He's been through everything with me and puts up with so much. I truly know how lucky I am to have him. He's just so precious to me!

No comments: